Our Annual Events
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month: participating businesses display purple lights and ribbons as an expression of their commitment to ending domestic abuse.
- Empty Place at the Table (EPATT): a traveling table display placed at quiet, contemplative locations such as libraries. The table is set with dinnerware donated by the families of individuals who have died as a result of domestic abuse. Visitors to the table are invited to reflect.
- Roundtable Discussions: in-person groups intended to provide a brief overview of domestic abuse followed by the opportunity to explore the impact of domestic abuse in rural communities.
- Shop for Hope: a sale of new and gently used adult and children's clothing and accessories held each summer. This event, a community favorite, is a great opportunity to purchase amazing items at incredible prices. Watch for our ads!
- Speaker Series: high quality learning and discussion on topics related to domestic abuse. The series is also an opportunity to come together as a community, increase connections, network, collaborate and learn from one another.
We also offer many opportunities to learn more about domestic abuse including:
It’s Complicated: substance use and domestic abuse By: Lori Rodriguez, Education Director Many believe that substance use is an underlying cause of domestic abuse, but this is a misconception. There…Read More
By: Susanna Norwood, Legal Services Director The impacts of domestic violence can be felt in many ways-physically, mentally, emotionally, and even legally. As survivors work to build a life that…Read More
By: Joan LeMole, Development Director School is much more than a place for academic learning. It’s a safe, secure place where students can feel valued, respected and nurtured. It provides a…Read More
By: Lori Loftin, System Advocacy and Education Director When people think about survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, they often think about adults. However, for many, dating violence and…Read More
By: Lori Loftin, System Advocacy and Education Director Volunteers have always played an important role in helping survivors of domestic abuse. A key component in that role is the right…Read More
We would be glad to partner with you and your workplace to offer an event or fundraiser. Find out more information through our External Fundraiser Form, then contact us to discuss. Thank you!